can VNC used to connect to LAN over the internet

i am new user for the VNC and evaluating the software. i want to connect via the internet to my LAN, can we do this.
if yes, then how and what setting we need and can any user in the LAN use the application at the remote computer as he is in the LAN?

:?:

You should read through the FAQs http://www.testplant.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=569. Yes you will be able to connect to computers on your lan through the internet, but you will need to set up port forwarding and will probably want to have static IP addresses. I’m not sure that I understand your second question, but you can only really have one user usefully accessing a particular user session at any one time. If you have multiple user sessions available and each running a VNC server, then more than one person can connect and work at one time. Licensing restrictions on applications might still prevent multiple users from using a single application at the same time.

[quote=“surrati”]i am new user for the VNC and evaluating the software. i want to connect via the internet to my LAN, can we do this.
if yes, then how and what setting we need and can any user in the LAN use the application at the remote computer as he is in the LAN?

:?:[/quote]

VNC uses one TCP connexion
so you’ll be able to pass any router, tunnel, VPN which supports / allow a TCP connexion :slight_smile:

about that, don’t forget to look at “VNC reverse” :slight_smile: