System Server connectivity

Per current 3.1 manual
“On Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), system servers briefly stop and restart when you log in to a new user account or switch between accounts.”

Is the connection drop that occurs when logging into the system server on OS 10.5+ something that has been resolved in Vine Server 4x (or rather is this something that can be resolved) or is this a limitation of how 10.5+ handle services?

Just curious / not a critique - I’m always paranoid I’ll get distracted after the login bounce, and someone else will subsequently connect, now logged in as me to the machine.

Thank you for this amazing software!

This hasn’t changed in V4, which is only for 10.6 and 10.7.

It’s not a limitation of ALL services but it is a limitation of access to the GRAPHIC contexts.

It would be possible to rewrite OSXvnc into two pieces that handled this more gracefully, but it would be a significant amount of work.

Thank you so much for the prompt reply and clear explanation. I empathize with the question of retooling something that already works. :wink: If you do make the change, make sure to post/brag/update everywhere and anywhere. You would get a lot of interest from end users.

Thanks again for developing such a great piece of software. You rock!